STATEMENT OF FAITH
Legacy Christian Academy's Statement of Faith represents the core Biblical doctrines and standards of the school and leadership. It is important to us that our school and families agree to our Statement of Faith as these beliefs guide our decision making, operation, and instruction. Our school is by choice a multi-denominational school. We enroll students, hire faculty, and staff of a variety of Christian denominations recognizing the parents role in educating their children in those differences. The following represents what we feel must be agreed upon for a good fit into our school.
1. The Bible - We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God, infallible, inerrant, and authoritative for life and godliness. (2 Tim. 3:16, Lk 24:27, Rev 22:18-19)
2. God the Father - We believe that there is one true living God, the infinite Designer, Creator, and Sustained of all existence, Himself eternally existent in the three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe God created the Heavens and the Earth in accordance with Genesis 1& 2. He created male and female in the image of God to be a unified picture of Himself and His covenant bride the Church in marriage. (Gen. 1:1, John 10:30, Matt. 28:19, Ps. 139:13-14, Gen. 5:2, 2:24, Lev. 18:22, Rom. 13:13, Eph. 5:22-23)
3. God the Son - We believe that Jesus Christ is both fully God and fully man. As God, Jesus Christ exists from eternity to eternity as the Son of God. As man, Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, was crucified, died and was buried ascending on the third day. Jesus will come again to judge the world. (John 1:14, Col. 2:9, Lk 1:27, Acts 4:10, 1 Cor. 15:4, 2 Tim. 4:1)
4. God the Holy Spirit - We believe that the Holy Spirit eternally exists as the third person of the Triune Godhead. We believe the Holy Spirit seals, empowers, guides, teaches and sanctifies every believer. We believe the Holy Spirit bestows gifts to believers for ministry according to the will of God. (Rom. 8:9; 11, John 16:13-14, 1 John 2:27, 1 Peter 1:2, Luke 11:13)
5. Salvation - We believe that all people require salvation from sin and access to God by grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone; it is a free gift of God apart from any human goodness, works or religious ceremony. All who receive this gift are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God. Salvation involves repentance from sin and turning to God by faith alone in the all-sufficient sacrifice of Jesus on the cross. It is God’s love and kindness that leads us to repentance. When we ask for forgiveness, believe in Jesus and repent of our sins we are saved by God’s grace through faith. (Rom. 3:23, Eph. 2:8-10, John 3:3, Rom. 2:4, 10:9; 13; 16)
6. The Church - We believe in the Spiritual unity of all true believers who call on Jesus Christ alone to be their Lord and Savior. (John 14:4; 13:35, Eph. 4:4-6, Gen. 4:7, 1 Cor. 2:10-16)
7. Christian Character - We believe that it is the goal of every Christian believer to grow in spiritual maturity through the obedience to the Word and indwelling of the Holy Spirit and to encourage one another in the regular gathering of believers. (Col. 1:9-10, Heb. 10:19-25, 1 John 3:7-8)
8. The Great Commission - We believe that all life is precious and valuable to God and His people. God desires all people to be in right relationship with Himself and with others. God models for us in Jesus a love for people that does not give permission to sin but sees all people through the eyes of a perfect fatherly love. We believe that every believer is instructed to be active in discipling others by modeling Jesus Christ through our learning, teaching and obedience to what God has commanded. (Ps. 139:13-14, Gen. 1:28, 2 Peter 3:9, 1Peter 2:17, Matt. 10:31, John 8:11, Matthew 28:16-20)
DEUTERONOMY 6: 5-7
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.